Carson's Shrimp and Bulgur Wheat One-Dish Supper
- 1/2 lb steamed and peeled shrimp
- 1/2 bag or 1 bunch fresh spinach
- handful of olives
- handful of sun dried tomatoes in oil OR fresh cherry tomatoes in the summer (you shouldn't be eating the tomato-like food that is produced in the winter!)
- 3/4 cup bulgur wheat
- Put 3/4 cup of water in a sauce pan. Heat on high until it boil. Remove from heat, pour in 3/4 cup bulgar wheat, stir, cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- On one large cutting board, chop the olives, shrimp and tomatoes reserving the oils on the cutting board.
- Once bulgar wheat is ready, stir in the olives, tomatoes, shrimp and oil. Make sure to get all the oil off of the board. Then stir in the spinach. Taste and see if you need to add some olive oil. It should have enough oil from the olives and tomatoes.
- Put into bowl and sprinkle the top with feta.
*You can easily adapt this recipe to feed more people--just put more of everything into the pot. Bulgar wheat is always made with equal ratios of water to wheat, e.g: 1 cup water=1 cup wheat, 1/2 cup water= 1/2 cup wheat.